About The Road School
The Road School provides education programmes, school and teacher training, resources and guidance which promote culturally sustaining approaches for students in schools.
The Road School has five key aims:
- Create teacher development (training and resources) for school teachers and leaders to support critical culturally sustaining approaches to dialogue in schools.
- Establish critical culturally sustaining approaches to dialogue as a method for facilitating classroom talk about race and racism with all school community stakeholders.
- Develop academic opportunities (conferences and journal articles) for critical dialogue debates emerging across local, regional, national and global education spaces.
- Encourage critical dialogue, collaboration and interdisciplinary exchange across education spaces and beyond.
- Promote critical culturally sustaining approaches to dialogue as an important site for cultural exchange in education.